Our practice is committed to providing you with safe, gentle, high-quality periodontal care. We understand that you may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you — your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms.
- Take X-rays of your teeth and mouth if they are not already available from your referring dentist.
- Begin a conversation about your oral health goals and expectations.
- Perform a thorough examination, of course focusing on your main concern, but also being alert to all other related oral health issues that may affect your main concern.
- Advise you of your current condition and prognosis (prediction for future outcomes), and discuss a range of treatment options so you may make an informed decision about your treatment choice.
Our goal is to create your own individual treatment plan and answer any questions that you may have. We want you to be comfortable you are doing the right thing for you, and that you truly understand the choices you need to make.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form and dental and health history, preferrably filled out online.
- Your dental insurance card.
- Your referral form, if you have one, from your family dentist.